All assessment and treatment appointments are with Dr Gillian Zavos.
- Assessment of stuttering (60 minutes); a written report is prepared: $261
- 50 minute treatment appointment: $145
All treatments begin with 50 minute appointments on a weekly basis. During these appointments you will learn to identify and measure stuttering (essential for determining treatment effectiveness), and you will begin to reduce stuttering (Lidcombe Program, Westmead Program) or conceal stuttering (Camperdown Program). In the Lidcombe Program these appointments are known as stage 1; sometimes it is appropriate for the stage 1 appointments to continue on a fortnightly basis.
- 30 minute maintenance appointment: $87
Stage 2 of the Lidcombe Program typically involves around 6 stage 2 appointments over a period of 12 months. The actual number of appointments and their frequency is discussed and scheduled at the conclusion of stage 1, when a schedule of stage 2 appointments and speech criteria are detailed.
- Appointments cancelled or rescheduled within 48 hours of the appointment will incur an administration fee: $33
- I will email you an invoice at the conclusion of each appointment.
- Payment by direct bank transfer is preferred; account details are provided on the invoice. Cheques are not accepted.
- Following payment I will issue a receipt which you can use to claim a rebate.
- I am registered with Medicare and the private health funds, enabling you to claim on my services.
- Rebates from private health funds vary from fund to fund and also depend on your cover. Contact your fund to find out what they will rebate you for speech pathology assessment and treatment.
- Stuttering is not automatically covered under Medicare. However GPs can administer a Chronic Disease Management Plan for a chronic condition that requires services from at least two other health care providers. I am not able to set up such a plan but I am able to participate when appropriate. Talk to your GP for more information.